All of the meeting functions will take place in the rooms and reception area in the Ballroom Level, which is one floor below the entrance and guest registration level.
We look forward to seeing all registered attendees at the Welcoming Reception on Sunday, July 18, from 6-9pm in Oriental Ballroom Foyer.
We wish you safe travels to Washington, DC.
|The rooms at the conference rate at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel have been filled for the conference's time span. Please contact Centennial Conferences at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with alternate reservations.|
|The meeting will have a total of 40 technical sessions, which will occur from Monday (July 19) through Thursday (July 22). In order to accommodate the large number of papers, four sessions will run concurrently. We request that all speakers abide by the following instructions to ensure a trouble-free session. Please contact your Session Chair with any questions.|
1. The total time allocated for each presenter is 30 minutes, which includes a 25-minute presentation and 5 minutes for questions.
2. Session chairs will ensure that each presentation begins and ends on time so that the four parallel sessions will be fully coordinated.
3. Each session will be equipped with a podium microphone, a wireless lavaliere microphone, a wireless slide advancer and a laser pointer. Speakers may use either the podium or lavaliere microphone.
|4. Presentation Requirements:|
* Each session will be equipped with a laptop computer that will have Microsoft Office Version 2007 for PC installed. Speakers are responsible for ensuring that their presentation is compatible with this software.
* Each session computer will have a folder on the desktop that will identify their session. Speakers must load their presentation into the appropriate folder during the period beginning 30 minutes before the session and ending 5 minutes before the start of the session. This procedure can be accomplished without problem if each speaker brings a copy of their presentation to their session on a flash drive.
* Presentations will be erased from the laptop computer at the end of each session.
|Poster Session A presentations will be given on Monday, July 19, 2010, and Poster Session B presentations will be given on Tuesday, July 20, 2010. Each poster session will begin at 7:00PM (19:00) and end at 9:00PM (21:00). The Grand Ballroom will be open for poster set-up at 6:00 PM (18:00) on Monday for Session A and at 1:00 PM (13:00) on Tuesday for Poster Session B; all posters must be in place by 7:00 PM (19:00) on the day of your poster session. We encourage poster presenters from Session A to leave their posters in place through noon (12:00) on Tuesday. Poster presenters from Session B are encouraged to set-up their posters beginning at 1:00 PM (13:00) on Tuesday to maximize poster viewing time. Session B posters must be removed promptly at the end of the session, as the boards will be taken down that evening.|
1. The maximum size will be 120 cm (47.2 inches) wide X 115 cm (45.2 inches) high. Posters of larger size cannot be accommodated.
2. Each poster board area will be marked by an abstract number; use only this area for your poster. The abstract number was assigned during the abstract submission process. Please be certain of your abstract number before setting-up your poster.
3. If you are a student poster presenter and wish to enter the student poster competition, please e-mail Poster Session Co-Chair Nancy Lape (email@example.com ) with your name, abstract number, and poster title.
|The NAMS/ICIM 2010 organizing committee is pleased to announce that the National Science Foundation and the Office of Naval Research (ONR) have provided funding to support students attending the meeting. Supplements in the amount $250 per student are available to offset travel expenses incurred for travel to NAMS/ICIM 2010. The total number of students who will receive supplements is limited by the availability of funds. |
Students may apply by completing the application in the link below. Eligibility requires graduate student status at a U.S. University, a valid United States Social Security Number, attendance at the meeting and an oral or poster presentation as either an author or co-author. We encourage applications from minority and disabled students. Funds are available to students of all genders, ethnicities, and geographic regions; we encourage applications from students with disabilities.
Applications must be received by no later than 5pm MDT, July 6, 2010. All students receiving a supplement will be notified via the email address on the application form sent before the start of the NAMS/ICIM 2010 meeting. Supplements will be sent to students via U.S. Mail no later than September 15, 2010.
|The Journal of Membrane Science plans to publish a special edition tentatively entitled, "Membrane Science for a Sustainable Future", in conjunction with NAMS/ICIM 2010. Researchers who submit an abstract to NAMS 2010 in the area of sustainability are asked to consider submitting a full paper to the Journal. These submissions must meet standard Journal publication requirements including evaluation by the normal peer review process. The submission deadline for all papers will be August 15, 2010. For more information regarding the submission, please see the Special Edition Information posted in the paper submission section of the website. |
Hosts for NAMS 2010 are the MAST Center at the University of Colorado at Boulder and The Ohio State University. NAMS 2010 will be a joint meeting of the North American Membrane Society and the International Conference on Inorganic Membranes.
The theme was selected to highlight the crucial role of membranes in developing and improving environmentally friendly processes for the intelligent use of natural resources and energy.
Along with requesting presentations on recent developments in polymeric and inorganic membranes, we will be soliciting technical presentations that show the importance of membrane science and technology in alleviating environmental problems and enabling alternative energy sources.